Wednesday, August 20, 2008

mommy poop on ground...its gross

five little words make my heart just about stop. I am in ez's room feeding him and just about to put him down for a nap. I quickly set him in his crib and run to brighton's room. No nothing there, the bathroom is next. I am praying oh please let it be the bathroom at least everything there is bleach safe and scrubbable. Nope my luck is not that good, nothing there. Okay my room, I walk in and the smell hits me. CRAP literally crap. Brighton walks in behind me and points to my side of the bed, yes at least I can throw away these sheets. Nope there it is on my side of the bed but on the floor two distinct smelly, gross blobs of poop. I hate these moments when you are the mom, and you realize that you have to clean it up. Yuck! After about five minutes of profanities in my head 15 sprays of 409 carpet spray ,and what seemed like million paper towels the stain is still there but at least it doesn't stink anymore. Then I look around because something still stinks, and oh now I want to scream but I can't because ez is still taking a nap. Yea he stuck my phone charger in the poop, now I have poop stained carpet that smells like 409 and one stinky phone charger. Shit.

11 comments:

Jenna Johnson said...

Oh I really shouldn't laugh! But can I?? Really what a "crappy" day! Nothing is worse than when you here..."poop!" I'm sorry

Taryn said...

LOL!!! Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, I know I should be laughing my head off right now, but I am because I have been there and done that. You are a good Mom. I'm sorry you are having a stinky day. I love you and miss you lots. Your pictures of Bear Lake are darling! Your family is so beautiful.

Erin said...

I have been laughing ever since I read this post! I know that karma is going to come and bite me in the butt though. You poor thing, that is so disgusting. I think sometimes as a mom we earn different rights of motherhood as we have do go through horrible things, and this definitely earned you another couple of pearls on that very long neclace!

jaclyn anderson said...

Honestly Shawnee I here of these accidents all the time and I swear to you I will probably get my day but I really do hope not! Oh what mothers have to go through!

Kamilla Bell said...

Oh Shawnee. How stressful. Crisis plus time equals humor. We are all laughing about this and you will too... eventually.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Oh Shawnee, that really "stinks"! Okay, enough of the puns! Jenna already used my "crappy day" one.
;-) I am so sorry!! Just know we are right there with you! Ahhh, the sweet joys of motherhood!!:-)

Nanon said...

My first thought when I read the title was, oh know, did Bailey poop somewhere that Brighton stepped in? I have to say that I am relieved that wasn't the case, although that might have been easier to clean. I'm sure one day you'll be able to look back and laugh at this, if nothing else, you've got a good story!

Jaime said...

Hahahahah Raff and I had a good laugh on this one! I have had plenty of poopy days but the phone charger? That really stinks.. :)

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

That is hillarious! I love your closing statement. How funny! Oh Shawnee, that is too bad, but so funny.

Jess said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you, girl! I think every family has their our own stinky stories! Taylor's been taking his diaper off every time it's stinky so I'm always on the lookout. Why?!!!

Johnsons said...

Hilarious! Well, it is only funny to me because I have not started to potty train yet. Once that happens to me I thing I will read this and just feel pure sympathy. You are a great mom, I don't know if I could have been that patient.