Look at my amazing sister, and her cute little boy isaiah. She is beautiful inside and out. She has had so many health problems all relating to her digestive system. For years she tried so many different things but nothing worked. She could not go out to eat or rather just eat because everything made her sick. In turn she learned to cook with alternative foods. She is an amazing cook and so she has developed a cook book. You can buy it at the greensmoothiegirl.com, or rather her blog, there is a link on the website. Now I titled this "what are the odds" because this is the girl who when we were growing up thought that 2 3/4 cup of flour meant that you add 1 1/2 c you know like adding 3/4 c two times--true story. But it just goes to show that anyone can cook if you take the time to learn. She is all gluten free right now and will probably be writing a gluten free book as well. I am most looking forward to that one. She uses alternative to sugar, wheat, butter, etc. Now she is, obviously, a mother so her recipes aren't that intense and time consuming. I just wanted everyone to know how proud I am of her she takes risks and tries so many different things I never would have the guts to do. Good Job Des!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What book did your sister write? On greensmoothiegirl.com there is a link to recipe books, but it doesn't say the authors, so I assumed Robyn Openshaw wrote them all. Is there something I'm missing? I have frequented this website and love her recipe ideas. I have the book 12 steps to whole foods. I've been eating alternatively too, just as a way to weight loss, but now I think I'll do it my whole life. I feel so much healthier. I eat gluten free as well.
What a doll! Becca, I think it's the "Healthy Holiday Favorites for Rave Reviews" book. She talks about it in her blog. I'm very tempted to buy it but I'm already spending too much money on GFCF stuff! Thanks for sharing this Shawnee! I'd love to know when she does a gluten free one!
Post a Comment