Okay so I never understood why people went private with their blog. I mean everyone probably has their own individual reasons, right? Well now I have my own reason. It all started with random comments on my blog, and all these comments would have no words just links. I really didn't think anything of it until I followed one of the links. Yep it was a nasty asian porn site. My 5 year old son plays games on this computer and although I am in the room with him when he does I never want to chance him coming across something like that. This is my own personal FAMILY blog, one where I update family and friends about what is going on in our lives. It makes me sad that I feel targeted for something like that and obviously quite angry. I work at a place where so many people come in with addictions for stuff like this and it has quite literally ruined their lives and you know what? A lot of them all say it started when they were young. Not 5 years old kind of young but more like 9-12, but still. Now I changed the comments to be moderated so that no one can comment without my approval and that was a few months ago. I still feel uneasy about the whole thing though. Now I am going private, I will be sad though I have come in contact with people that I haven't talked too or seen forever. I am going to leave this up for a little while. Just leave you email for a comment or email me your email. A little bit of an angry post I know but it had to be done!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm sorry you've had to deal with that. Like our leaders say, the internet can be such a blessing but it can also be so incredibly destructive which is really sad. I just started ours out private after seeing other's bad experiences and have never had a problem that I know of.
Post a Comment